Editing Reports in Java
This provides instructions on how to edit a custom report in the Java version of Chronicall. Access to this feature requires the Custom Reports module.
Editing a report is very similar to creating a report, but in many cases can be a much simpler process.
The benefit of editing a report is being able to build a report that already has a foundation to work with.
To Edit Reports:
- Open Standard Reports by selecting "Run Reports" under the "Reports" section of the Chronicall main page.
- Select the desired report to edit, then right-click and select "Edit Report."
- You will then be presented with a window that will give you three options
- Edit a Copy - This creates a copy version of the original report, meaning that you will still have access to the original if needed. This is the recommended option
- Edit Original - Editing the original means that permanent changes will be made to the original report. The changes that are made are not reversible. You can however import the original report if necessary. (You will need to request the original from Xima Support or the phone system reseller.)
Once you have access to the original report see How to Import a Report
As the option is selected, the Define Report Fields window will now appear.
A list of pre-existing columns will appear and you will be able to Add, Remove, or Edit any of the existing columns.
Adding New Columns
To add a new column while editing a report:
- Select "Add."
- Select from the list any metric that you would like to add to the report.
You can either use the metric "as is," or you can customize the metric using the criteria filters.
- Hit "OK."
Editing Existing Columns
While in the Report Builder select the metric that you would like to edit from the list of existing metrics and select "Edit" to the far right.
You can now make the desired changes to the metric by adjusting the criteria to fit your needs.
When you have finished adding your metrics, hit "Next."
If desired, you can add to the overall summary to your report (found within the top right-hand corner of report).
Check all of the boxes that you would like to apply to the overall summary.
Select your required parameters.
- Report Title - Name the report.
- Orientation - By default the report orientation will be portrait, but it can also be run as landscape.
In addition to the required parameters, you will have the option to fill in the Default Parameter metrics. These are the questions that will be answered to run the report when the report is finished.
You can answer here under Default Parameter Metrics, or you can wait until you hit "Finish." You will then be take to "Run Report" where you can then fill in the metrics.
Note: These will vary by report, what you see here might not be the same parameters that you will need to fill in.
The edited report will now appear in your list of Standard Reports and can be run and scheduled just like any Standard Report.
Updated 18 days ago