Availability Tiers is a feature available within Xima Chronicall Contact Center (Skills Based Routing) for Avaya IP Office. This is designed to optimize your customers’ experience by presenting them to the best available agent within a set time period. You can engage agents with a lower tier or skill level after a specified time. This helps ensure your customer is answered by the most skilled agent within a time period acceptable for your organization. This also means you no longer have to overflow to a different skill to engage a different set of agents. This keeps the messages clear to your customers including their position in the queue and estimated wait time. This also simplifies your reporting and Realtime wallboards.
To access availability tiers, follow these steps below.
- Go to the main page of Chronicall.
- Click the “Multimedia Configuration” tab on the left-hand side bar.
- Click “Skill Management” in the drop-down menu that appears.
- A pop-up window will appear. To use availability tiers, click the “Add Skill” button in the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-up window.
- A new pop-up window will appear that will allow you to customize your new skill. Here you will see an option to set up your availability tiers.
- Click the ellipsis button next to “Availability Tiers.”
- A new pop-up window will appear that will allow you to add availability tiers. Click “Add.”
- Determine what agent skill level range you would like to set and how many minutes you would like to wait until another skill level is available in the queue. It’s important to note that you must set at least two availability tiers and the first availability tier will force you to do 0 minutes. This is to ensure that someone is immediately available to take calls in the queue.
For example, if you only want agent skill levels 5-10 immediately available for calls in the queue, you would select “Skill Levels” 5 and set “Time in Queue” to 0 minutes. Then if you wanted agent skill levels 1-10 (everyone) available after 5 minutes, you would select “Skill Levels” 1 and set “Time in Queue” to 5 minutes.
9. Click “OK” to save the changes.
NOTE: Please make sure that your Availability Tier timing does not coincide with the "Queue Timeout" selection of that Skill.
10. Once your Availability Tiers are complete, please follow our Create a Contact Center (Multimedia) Skill to complete setting up the Contact Center Skill.
Updated over 1 year ago