With the new embedded Java there will be a change to installing
and updating Chronicall that will need to be noted.
1. There is no need to install or update the active Java on any
supported operating systems i.e., Linux or Windows.
- Embedded Java will not interfere with any existing Java on
supported operating systems.
- It will simplify installing, updating, and supporting Chronicall.
- The new version of Java will have a new garbage collection,
reducing the hang or freezing from garbage collecting.
Chronicall installers will now extract the files needed for installation
and updates into a user designated file. The new release of Chronicall
will alter how you normally install and update Chronicall.
- Chronicall installers and updaters will run automatically, but
will not clean up after itself. Instead, it will create two files:
a. Extractor Tool file
b. Install files
- Java will not have to be updated manually.
a. Linux will have separate updaters for Debian
- Earlier Versions of Chronicall:
a. Only Chronicall versions 3.8 and higher can be
updated to 3.10.
b. To update Chronicall versions before 3.8 you will
have to update to 3.8 then download and install
the 3.10 update.
- Windows 2003:
a. To update Chronicall on Windows 2003 you will
have to manually unblock the update.
b. Right-click EXE -> Properties -> Unblock
- Windows 2008:
a. UAC will block the Chronicall installer from completing the 3.10 update.
b. Disable UAC to install
c. After installation is complete, enable UAC.
With the new Chronicall update the port usage has been consolidated. This consolidation is for the Chronicall Server alone.
- Ports Consolidated: 9082,9087,9095,9093,9094,9096
- Ports Used: 9080
Below is a list of the new default locations and service naming
dependent on your operating system and network.
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Xima Soware\Chronicall\bin\app
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Soware\Chronicall\bin\app
- Linux: /var/lib/Xima Soware/Chronicall/bin/app
a. Chronicall Server
b. Chronicall Database (Postgres)
c. Chronicall Database (OriendDB)
Chronicall will come with new memory settings. Memory will now
be automatically stored according to the type of network and
machine Chronicall is currently installed on.
- 64bit: Default to 4GB
a. If Java is set manually, then upon update use the larger memory
allocation of the two.
b. Chronicall will detect the system memory and adjust
- 32bit: Default to 1GB
a. If they have set their Java manually, then upon update we will
use the larger allocation of the two.
b. Memory storage should not be larger than 1GB for 32bit.
a. 64/32bit defaults to 1GB
All of Chronicall's apps are now packaged into one installer. Each app
that is packaged will automatically update with any Chronicall update,
you no longer have to worry about manually updating your apps.
- Go to Chronicall_apps_setup
- Extract to downloads folder
- Select which apps you want to install
- Recording Library: Can no longer be installed with the basic
- Realtime Node: Recommended aer 250 Realtime Agent Licenses
- Multimedia Server: For Chronicall Multimedia deployments
- Datagrid Node: For large call volume sites. Additional Datagrid
Nodes can increase the performance of your reports by reducing run
times and query searches.